Saturday was the Origins Gaming Convention Demo; it was an invitation-only demo organized by the Kingdom and a bit last minute. I was honored to be included, though on the morning of I felt less honored loading up the car, heh.
We had a little trouble getting to the place thanks to the Pride Parade… we got off the freeway on the wrong side of it and had a heck of a time figuring out how to get around it! (Though, go Columbus, way to show Pride! Love all you happy rainbow people despite traffic panic. Well, maybe I don’t love the idiot who was trying to park in front of me but everyone else.) But we made it, everyone else was set up by the time we got there. Demo went well, I think and everyone was a lot more cheery after than before! We got a quickie Wendy’s dinner and headed into the sunset to go home and sleep the sleep of the just.
Sunday and Monday I got a lot done (I took Monday off of work; I have extra vacation time I need to use or lose by June 30th so I took a few random days this month, was so nice!)
Edwardian Update: I did it, I cut out the top! (I was waffling on if there was enough time to do it!) But managed to get the front assembled and the back attached, two sleeves cut out and one pinned in. Just have to attach the two sleeves, cut out the cuffs and attach the cuffs, finish the neckline and figure out how I’m closing it in the center back (worse comes to worse I can always have someone pin me into it on the day of, eh?) I do want to use a swath of my extra fabric to dress up the hat, shouldn’t take long to do that. Feeling… confident. I also wanted to make a shift to wear under it since I didn’t line the garment and it’s lightweight.
Paintbrush Update: My squirrel pelt arrived and lo, I made three paintbrushes from its bushy little tail. I feel bad for the little guy, gave his life for art. I still need to test the brushes, hope they work as well as they look! Also think I’m getting good at making cheese glue, heh.
Miniature Update: I also made starch paste and glued bits of parchment to playing cards, hee. 🙂 I also cut up one of my few sheets of lovely period-style laid paper and glued it together to make a period cardstock (pasteboard, 6 layers of paper glued together.) Per an article analyzing a 15th century deck of cards. Can’t afford to do much of that, as I don’t have much of that paper. Husband quipped I’ve done more materials and tool prep than art, and he’s right!
Hair Update: I had my husband measure my hair to see how my efforts are going and I am pleased to report my hair was 12 inches from the floor. Two inches longer than last measurement back in January! Woot! So the hair care regime seems to be working. *knock on wood* This pleases me greatly!