Going back to last year’s blog post and seeing what my resolutions were:
1. I resolve to take better care of my hair.- Partial success
I have been doing the cold rinse, less shampoo, coconut oil treatment. But I had a major setback involving the Apple Cider Vinegar Incident. Halfway through the year I noticed growth; need to measure again to see if the ACV incident undid all that progress or not.
2. I resolve to come up with a stress management plan for this year at work. – Partial success
Did worse at this actually, to start, however am now seeing a Therapist which makes everything better!
3. Use my Habitica to-do list more and maintain my Duolingo streak – one fail, one success
I stopped using Habitica entirely. oops. Duolingo streak has maintained though! 477 days and going! I just re-started using Habitica this week.
4. Start up DDP Yoga again and GO TO FENCING PRACTICE. – oops.
Did not start up the DDP, bad me! Once again this is going on the to do list, best physical health of my life was when I was doing the DDP Yoga regularly. And really fell off on Fencing, but there was a lot of other stuff going on which prevented focusing on this so I forgive myself.
5. Learn a musical instrument – Totally did it.
NEW resolutions for this year:
1. Brush and re-braid my hair more regularly. The laziness of leaving it in the braid from one day to the next contributed to the ACV Incident. Keeping knots at bay earlier is good.
2. Start up DDP Yoga again and go to fencing practice. I’ve set a goal; 52 Yoga sessions for the year. I should be able to do that, eh? One a week? (or two a week, really, with off weeks here and there, like the last three weeks…)
3. Paint – goal is 4 paintings this year (stretch goal is 6)
4. Continue to keep my Positive Self Talk Journal