So a while back I decided to clean up and re-write my gold thread article to be more academic and full of proper citations and the like.
Today I went through my baggie of test samples and put them all into a spreadsheet (yay!) and discovered some gaps.
I need to test:
- egg glair with bole
- egg glair with bole and honey
- fish glue
- Fish glue with bole
- Fish glue with bole and honey
- Linseed oil (I know I tried it, but couldn’t find the sample, may give the art room a once over)
- Linseed oil with bole
- Linseed oil with bole and honey
- hide glue bole and honey
- gum ammoniac
- gum ammoniac with bole
- gum ammoniac with bole and honey
- gum arabic (Suspect this won’t work well, it’s in gold paint recipes, not gilding recpies, may skip for time.)
Before I can do that, though, I’ll need a new batch of tawed intestine 🙂
Also have some tawed and gilt intestine sitting upstairs waiting to be cut into a strip, have to check my journal to see what size I used for it.