Today I am grateful for many things (like the leeway to post Thursday Gratitude on a Friday, heh, sorry.)
- My “Personal Vision” epiphany. I was able to go do some of the Personal Vision exercises last night and was energized by them instead of depressed! Go figure, knowledge really is power. 🙂
- Self knowledge has increased thanks to the above. This is a good thing.
- TED talks
- The Inktober ink drawing meme thing; I’ve been doing it and it is easier than I thought to do a quick ink drawing based on a prompt each day. Feels good to stretch the artistic muscles again.
- Goslings ginger beer
- Bought coffee for work at Marc’s, much cheaper than Giant Eagle, may be shopping there more regularly! Same brand and everything. Less than a block farther.
- Monty posted a cute cat video to my timeline on facebook, it was totally adorable! Big cat, tiny box. Anyway, yay for cat videos and people who share them!
- My Aunt Jean mailed me a box of matzo ball soup ❤ closest thing to mailing a hug I’ve ever seen. Love her. I am lucky to have such a cool aunt.
In a bad mood today, hard to shake it… but that’s when gratitude is important, right? I have a lot to be grateful for in my life. Best remember that.
Today I am grateful for:
- The CWRU Archery club lets staff shoot with them.
- Glory cat slept in my lap for a considerable amount of last evening.
- Cats, in general, and cat pictures
- The Beatles
- Dunkin’ Donuts has cute spider doughnuts for Halloween
- My heart-shaped post-it notes
- The weather has been pleasant this week
- The vendor fair is coming up
- I got a prize for shooting Archery Saturday, my first one ever. That was pretty cool.
- Google, my most useful coworker.
- Not traveling this weekend.
Today I am grateful for many things:
- The Leadership Lab I’m attending through work assigned us to interview a senior women in our organization. Today I interviewed Colleen Nagy, it was great 🙂 Grateful for the assignment, getting to do it and also for cool women like Colleen who blazed the way in the male-dominated IT world for the rest of us.
- Coffee, through which all things are possible
- Lunch with the husband, and avacado
- The lovely cool weather!
- Annoying project seems to be moving forward finally.
- My husband is the new Kingdom A&S Champion! Also very happy how excited HE is about it. ❤
- I got to shoot archery after work Tuesday. It was fun 🙂 Grateful that the CWRU Archery club allows staff and faculty to participate. 🙂
- My new bow; it may not be as pretty as my old bow, but my goodness! I like how it shoots!
- I got the Forum done in time to deliver at meeting last night. *whew!*
- Dr. Aminosharaie’s computer came back to life after crashing
- I got the dishes done last night.
Today I am grateful for many things including:
- Very grateful that my employer has chosen to invest in me by sending me to a Leadership Lab. Makes a gal feel valued, you know?
- The Leadership Lab is really good! (Sometimes these things don’t live up to the hype, you know?) Met some really cool ladies (it’s specifically a program for women in science, math, engineering and technology.)
- I remembered today is Thursday 🙂
- We remembered the Farmer’s Market at lunch time, this was the last one so I would have been sad to miss it.
- Got my Archery Club dues in, yay! Gonna shoot this year! Dammit!
- At the Demo Saturday I made a little girl’s day. Yeah, being called a Princess by little girls NEVER GETS OLD. 🙂
- My henin is still holding up after almost 13 years!
- In the training we had to make a list of things we wanted to do before we die, a bucket list… and it reminded me of how many life goals I’ve already marked off, which is pretty awesome. There are things I never thought I’d do that I’ve done, like go to Europe and own my own home. Life is pretty good, all in all.
- I have a new bow! Can’t wait to shoot it! (Sunday, perhaps?) 🙂
I am very grateful that I got a chance to catch up with my friend Colette last night. ❤ Other things I’m grateful for:
- I finished that new green tunic
- Vlad and Alecto, they’ve both been very encouraging to me as a fencer
- I closed that lab form ticket
- I fixed a chair at work (Pulled it out of the dumpster, even, heh.) yay for reuse reduce recycle wins!
- It’s silly, but I won the most recent race in the silly on-line dragon game I play with my husband. It’s very silly how happy it makes me to have a High Purity Dragon egg, heh. (I never win those races! and the dragons are super cool!)
- My new laptop at work, it’s nice and light and easy to carry and the new matt black finish on the new model Dells is much improved, doesn’t show fingerprints as badly as last year’s model. Plus black-lit keyboard is silly but cool.
- A friend asked me to be a part of her SCA elevation ceremony, HUGE honor.
- My apprentice Azemars is totally awesome, he just bound three books for my sister as a gift; each is a collection of stories she’s written and published. How awesome is that??? AND he did blind tooling on one of them ❤
- Scribe’s guild went well Monday, good attendance and I finally finished Isobail’s Evergreen scroll!
Hrm, not sure why my post about the event last weekend doesn’t show… must’ve not saved? Boo. Anyway, Gratitude time!
Today I am grateful for:
- Having my wallet with me at lunch so I got to buy things at the Thursday Farmer’s market! I keep forgetting about that, and this is the last month for it so, yay! Veggies!
- Dr. Beeson emailed me congratulating me on my staff award. Quite touched by that.
- Coffee, through which all things are possible.
- There was no damage by arrows to the event site Saturday *whew!* (We did have all the foam in the world up, and it was a short range, but I worry!)
- I got to hug Ancel
- I have a new laptop at work, yay.
- Dulcia gave me blackcurrant candies from England. YAY! (And YUM!!! Why on earth do American stores not sell blackcurrant candy?)
- I forgot my fencing tunic last night (oops!) and Vlad had a spare he let me borrow ❤ Thank you Vlad!
- I fenced last night. It was good. Much stabby stab stab.
- Crisp fall-like weather
- Thanks to Gianna, I’ve had Caprese Salad for dinner three nights in a row. *burp* I love caprese salads! OMG all the tomatoes. (And basil and mozzarella… but mostly tomatoes.)