Work has been crazy stressful so it can be hard to be grateful, but I do have much to be grateful for!
- First and foremost, my long-suffering husband who was been wonderfully supportive while I’ve been grumpy, tired and angsty this past couple weeks.
- My go-to comfort food is cheap and easy to acquire and tastes EXACTLY like it did when I was a kid. May you never change, Kraft Mac-N-Cheese. Oh that fake fake cheese, how I love it. Tastes like nostalgia.
- Hubby took me to Muldoon’s for dinner Tuesday, apple-tini was lovely. Probably shouldn’t’ve had two but it was a pleasant evening, heh.
- The weather is glorious
- Dr. Faddoul sprang for coffee for the meeting on Wednesday
- I am a much stronger person than I used to be (I know I say that a lot, but it’s true! and I do marvel at it.) 25 year old me would have never challenged a supervisor’s mark of 3 out of 5 like 44 year old me just did. Nor directly addressed my problems with his leadership style. Damn, who is this woman? Where did she get that backbone???
- At least my annual review is over with. And my raise is on the not-horrid side for the institution.
- The two top priority Orthodontics department axiUm transition items are complete or nearly so! (So stressed about this transition!)
- Helpful support personnel. Must remember one does not have to figure it out on ones own. You can ask for help. And OMG help is awesome! Much love to our software vendor ❤
- Downton Abbey, I could just keep watching it over and over on loop, heh.
- Pretty dresses
Had a super busy day at work yesterday and once getting home I was good and did the dishes instead of updating blog. Mea culpa. (I am awfully glad I got those dishes done though. I do hate a dirty kitchen.)
So forgiving myself for the lapse 🙂 and posting Gratitude today. I am grateful for:
- A healthier level of self esteem than I ever recall having before. Go me.
- My swishy silk skirt
- Cooler temperatures!
- I survived yesterday’s Ortho meeting and this morning’s axiUm training for the new Endo and Perio residents. *whew*
- Have a carpool with my sis-in-law for going home tonight (Husband, and most of the University, got to go home at 3pm. thus the need for carpool.)
- I got my coffee made before this morning’s training session. It was a near thing. heh.
- There are enough Star Trek characters to populate a whole classroom with fake test patients. (I do hope at least some of the residents knew who Jadzia Dax and Miles O’Brien are.)
- Dr. Hans, the Ortho department chair, was singing my praises. That’s always nice to hear. 🙂
- All the residents showed up to training. They seemed appreciative too.
- The Chrome books we use for training. Such a great tool. This would have been so hard to take on without them!
- I only have another 48 rows or so before I start the end band on my shawl I’m knitting. The end is nigh! Really loving it. I see more lace knitting in my near future.
- Had a good talk with the girl apprentice yesterday. Very glad she reached out to me.
And again it’s been a busy week and I never wrote about the weekend! Mea culpa. Had things planed for Saturday and Sunday and they fell through. Hardly remember what I did do instead! Was very glad of the break, however. Husband baked potica (Yum!)
I am, naturally, grateful for many things, including:
- A husband who enjoys baking!
- We got to have dinner with friends on Tuesday night and it was lovely.
- Finally had the demo of new Dental Simulators at work, been working on arranging that since April!
- GoFundMe, have been able to help many friends this way. Glad the service exists.
- the Amazon Workspaces work for tomorrow’s training *whew!*
- Air conditioning
Just realized I never did a Weekend Update post about Daddy-Day. That’s my first gratitude item:
- I successfully organized a family outing for Father’s day. We went canoeing.
- The weather was perfect Sunday (a little hot, but not bad on the water.)
- I got to see a Great Blue Heron take off! Eeee! So cool!
- The upper Cuyahoga is quite lovely. Also saw at least three beaver dens. And flowers and dragonflies and a spider made a web in my boat.
- Having the sort of free cash to be able to pay for a day’s canoe outing with the family.
- Dr. Faddoul said nice things to me yesterday
- Met friends for dinner last night, it was lovely. Also, guacamole. NOM
- Lunch date with husband today
- I get to cat sit tomorrow. ❤
- I really do have a lot of good friends in my workplace.
- Happy Solstice! Beautiful, cool weather for it. Huzzah.
- Have tentatively made plans to get dinner with another set of friends. Go me!
- Husband and I have been binge watching Downton Abbey and Bob Ross. So much loveliness!
- Yesterday’s staff coffee break was successful; I got the coffee all prepped on time. And I got a volunteer to help me with the next one!
- Managed to schedule the Awards Committee meeting quickly for once.
It’s been a rough week for me, so gratitude is important. I actually do have much to be grateful for.
- Beautiful sunshiney weather today
- I got to see Cat and Dan last night and give them hugs
- My sister-in-law Mary-Beth has the most cuddly pair of siamese cats you ever met. They are big and fluffy and fat and I love them. 🙂 Cat therapy is totally a thing.
- I still struggle with depression.. but it’s not as bad as it was when I was a kid. There is that. I’ve come a long way and I should be rightly proud of that journey.
- The University’s “Use or Lose” policy regarding vacation time; it forces me to actually take vacation time and let’s face it; no one on their death bed was saying they wished they’d spent more time at the office! Vacation Good.
- I actually got a lot done at work this year. I went to conferences, visited another school’s simulation lab, started a staff coffee break… yeah. Good employee. Very glad for my Gratitude journal come review time!
- Good conversation with Marie yesterday.
- Have successfully made plans for Father’s Day Sunday.
I have many things to be grateful for.
- Lovely cool weather
- I finished uploading all my vacation pictures to Flickr
- My boss is out today
- Cat Milligan is in town! I do hope I get to see her while she’s here, she’s lovely.
- The Farmer’s market was today outside UH. Picked up some Ohio City pasta and had a excellent lunch with the husband.
- My husband, he’s so kind and supportive and sweet and stuff.
- The “Flower Show” episode of Downton Abbey
- Google translate
It’s Thursday, and as usual I have much to be grateful for.
- Someone left a poster-bag in the hallway at work with “please take” on it (there were other sundry items too, but I only wanted the bag.)
- Plus, I left it in the back yard to air out today while we were on errands and it did NOT get rained on *whew!* We were home in time to put it away before the rain hit.
- My wonderful husband, without whom I would never have gotten that much yard work done today. Proud to say the hammock is up, the garden gnomes out and flowers planted. Woot.
- Hubby also got the grass cut before the rain hit (he got a little wet at the end, but he got it done!)
- Mar-Lou Shoes, great store. My go-to shop for work shoes.
- Paid sick leave and having a good Dentist 🙂
- Current knitting project is going well
- You can buy Black Current syrup on line!!! Eeeeee!! *ordered*
- Air conditioning. Wow, I love that we installed air conditioning. Stepping into my cool house from the hot, humid outdoors is amazing. Why didn’t we do that earlier?
- The Orthodontics axiUm training went well yesterday, and Unit 3 worked in the lab for the DentSim demo in the afternoon (Hadn’t had the thing on in months, I was worried!)